Laurentian University is a leader in providing bilingual online and distance education.
Undergraduate and graduate degree programs can be completed in English and in French, along with various certificates and professional development opportunities via online distance education.
The following undergraduate degree programs are available fully online or through distance education. Click on the program title, followed by "Program Details" and "Degree Options" for more information on specific degree requirements.
Bachelor of Arts
- Equity, Diversity and Human Rights (3-year Concentration)
- Gerontology (3-year Concentration)
- History (3-year Concentration)
- Indigenous Studies (3-year Concentration and 4-year Specialization)
- Individualized Thematic Studies (4-year Major, only with subject areas available completely online)
- Psychology (3-year Concentration, 4-year Major, and 4-year Honours Specialization with non-thesis)
- Religious Studies (3-year Concentration)
- Sociology (3-year Concentration)
- Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies (3-year Concentration)
You may also complete a General BA (3-year) with two (2) minors. For further information regarding minors please see below.
Other undergraduate degree programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (4-year)
- Bachelor of Forensic Identification Degree (3-year, may require on-site practicum attendance)
Offered exclusively to Forensic Identification Officers
- Bachelor of Indigenous Social Work (4-year)
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Science (3-year)
- offering continuations in:
- BIOLOGY (BIOL 1000; BIOL 1700; BIOL 2011; BIOL 2110; BIOL 2701; BIOL 2757; BIOL 2806)
- CHEMISTRY (CHMI 1031; CHMI 1032; CHMI 2031; CHMI 2041; CHMI 2220; CHMI 3031)
- GEOLOGY (GEOL 1021; GEOL 1022; GEOL 2021; GEOL 2022; GEOL 2046; GEOL 3312; GEOL 3811)
- PHYSICS (PHYS 1211; PHYS 1212; PHYS 1905; PHYS 2606; PHYS 2616; PHYS 3306; PHYS 3616)
- offering continuations in:
- Cardiac Care on the Web
- Faculty of Education – Additional-qualifications courses
- Fingerprint Detection and Analysis*
- Fire Scene Management and Investigation*
Offered exclusively to Fire Investigators
*These professional development opportunities require on-site practicums
- Looking for a new career and need a degree to land an exciting job?
- An undergraduate student who needs a flexible learning option other than an in-class course?
- A college graduate who wants to pursue a lifelong dream of obtaining a degree?
- A student from another university who is interested in completing a course on a Letter of Permission (LOP)?
- A working professional looking for professional development opportunities?
- A student living abroad and interested in learning from a Canadian University?
About Laurentian Online
Laurentian Online was launched in August 2016 and represents an amalgamation of the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)’s Envision Program and the Faculty of Management’s Virtual Campus. Laurentian Online is part of the Faculty Engagement unit in the Centre for Academic Excellence.
Building on more than 40 years of online and distance education at Laurentian University, Laurentian Online combines the experience and knowledge-base of the Centre for Continuing Education (which has been offering courses and programs in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Health disciplines since 1972) with the Faculty of Management’s Virtual Campus which has been offering online business degree programs since 2004.
Laurentian Online offers courses and programs, which are student–centered, and challenge students to develop their independent learning skills, expand their online research capabilities, and demonstrate excellence in academic writing.